Short Term Medical
Unexpected illnesses and accidents happen every day and the resulting medical bills can be disastrous. Short Term Medical plans provide you and your loved ones with the peace of mind you need at a price you can afford. Clients can apply today for coverage as soon as tomorrow.
- Freedom to choose your own doctors and hospitals
- $1 Million Lifetime Maximum Coverage
- Inpatient and Outpatient Hospital Benefits
- Physician Services – diagnosis and treatment
- Surgery in a Hospital or Ambulatory Surgical Center
- Intensive Care Unit Charges
- X-Ray and Laboratory Services
- Ambulance Services
- Spinal Manipulation/Adjustment
- Mammography, Pap smear and screens
- Next day coverage available
- Coverage periods for 30 days to 6 months
- Monthly and Single pay options
*Benefits vary by state. Refer to your coverage document for specific terms and conditions.
Eligibility & Effective Dates
Clients and their spouse under age 65 (and not eligible for Medicare) are eligible for this coverage; as well as you and your spouse’s unmarried dependent children under age 19 (or under age 25 if a full-time student), who have a social security number and can answer “No” to the five health questions on the application. Children age 19 and over should apply separately. Child-only coverage is available for ages 2 through 18. The application must be completed and signed by the parent or legal guardian.
The insurance can be effective as early as 12:01 a.m. the next day after the transmission date. However, the applicant can choose a later effective date not to exceed 60 days from transmission date. Coverage ends on expiration date listed in your coverage document.
Who Can Benefit?
- Those seeking COBRA alternatives
- Recent graduates
- Those seeking to cover insurance gaps before Medicare
- Seasonal and temporary workers
- Those in between jobs or waiting for employer benefits to start